PoliticaNC is a community of independent women activists engaged in year-round voter education and advocacy. We partner within NC to increase voter engagement and turnout. Our activists receive quality training and resources to impact their communities to improve political discourse and ensure the accountability of our elected representatives.
We are excited that you are interested in making a difference in the political process and we welcome your support. We have multiple ways you can get involved with PoliticaNC. Our current 2016 grassroots volunteer efforts are to register voters and get out the vote. We want to help make your political volunteering efforts as effective and enjoyable as possible!
Join Our Community
When you join, we ask yo uto select an area or activity that best suits your strengths or interests. The time commitment varies month-to-month, depending on what you volunteer to do. Typically it is no more than 4 hours a month. Our activities include:
- Visiting state legislators
- Attending Board of Elections meetings
- Attending legislative sessions
- Serving as a liaison within the progressive community
- Working as a paid poll worker
- Writing a letter to the editor
- Writing an op-ed piece
- Assisting with voter registration efforts
- Posting on Facebook and Twitter
- Helping with website maintenance
- Assisting with membership support
- Helping with logistics of events
Additionally, we ask that you make a donation to allow us to make the small purchases that keep us going. This covers the cost of a PoliticaNC T-shirt, and access to all our events. You can pay with the Paypal Donate button on our home page, cash or credit card through PayPal at any of our events, or by check through the mail.
PO Box 12796
Raleigh, NC 27605
Educate and Engage
- Meet with candidates and elected officials for local city and county boards, the judiciary, and state legislature.
- Educational topics such as Better Angels (how to engage with people with opposing political views) and Behind the Bench (how the North Carolina judiciary system works).
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
PoliticaNC is a community of independent women activists engaged in year-round voter education and advocacy. Primarily based in Wake County, we partner with other groups within NC to increase voter engagement and turnout. By accessing excellent training and quality resources, our activists impact their communities to improve political discourse and ensure the accountability of our elected representatives. We do this through educational events, weekly updates by email, voter registration drives and sharing of training and community events.
PoliticaNC grew out of a series of Women for Obama house parties organized by Naomi Lambert and Dana Jennings. The original core of our membership was the women who attended and hosted those events in Wake County in 2012. Since then, Politica has grown organically, adding new members by word-of-mouth and through our outreach work to educate and empower voters. Those ongoing efforts have been: educating voters, helping our members find meaningful work on campaigns, hosting events, attending gatherings of importance including Moral Mondays and March For Our Lives, and collaborating with likeminded groups in North Carolina.